At nGbK members meet like-minded people to exchange ideas, to develop and realize projects and in order to learn and benefit from each other – among them are many young people interested in culture and politics. Topics are discussed and decisions made at regular meetings in a process of direct exchange, which is transparent and inclusive of all opinions. This method of working has provided the basis for a successful programme since 1969.
Would you like to become involved in developing the exhibition programme, to join in discussions, or perhaps you would even like to take an active part in implementing a project at nGbK? Then become a member! Visit our website to learn all about the way we are organized and about the unique grass-roots democratic structure of this art society. Our archive reflects a policy towards the arts which has for more than 40 years been located at the very interface between social issues and artistic strategies.
Anyone becoming a member of the nGbK can directly take part, bring in their own ideas and in addition receive:
- invitations to all nGbK openings and events
- free admission (insofar as entrance fees are charged)
- all nGbK publications at the reduced rate for members
- free admission to the exhibitions of art societies which are members
of the Association of German Art Societies (ADKV)
- invitations to the meetings where new projects of nGbK are
introduced and discussed
- reduced rates for art society excursions and other activities